FM802 (802 Palette) TK Yureru radio interview October 28. 2023 English translation

Administrator

Honoka Toyota (Radio host): 802 Palette, Honoka Toyota, you are looking for. This is the person who welcomed you this time. Please introduce yourself.

TK (Toru Kitajima): My name is TK and I am the guitarist and vocalist of Ling tosite sigure.

Honoka Toyota: Thank you. Please. Mr. TK (TK-san). This is the first time I have had you on the program since April of this year. At this time, at the timing of that album's last aurorally, all the members of Ling tosite sigure came to visit us, thank you very much. I did not expect you to come again this year, so I am very happy. You came twice.

TK: Probably not very often. That does not happen very often. It is not like it is there.

Honoka Toyota: They do not come here very often. That is right.

TK: It is amazing how I met you, and I have the impression that it is amazing how I met you.

Honoka Toyota: I often go to live shows.

TK: You said you were going to ask, so I thought it would be great to be on the show. It is great that you think so.

Honoka Toyota: I am happy, but actually, I feel like the number of people who come to the program is still very small. Mr. TK, I am interviewing you alone, but when I looked into it, this time is not the program called Palette, which you have been watching since 2016, but I was in charge of the program before this one. It was a show called Nemu, and he came at the same time as TK from Ling tosite sigure's album White Noise was being released, so it has been a while since we have talked together.

TK: Was it like that at that time, or was it your first time having a show?

Honoka Toyota: That is right.

TK: Two years after I debuted as a DJ, I was already done.

Honoka Toyota: I remember very well that he was a new person making his debut as a DJ. Is that really the impression you get?

TK: That is why I am still a newcomer.

Honoka Toyota: I do not mean it in a weird way LoL, but that person who started practicing has been watching it from the beginning.

TK: I do not think there are many other personalities out there. That is right.

Honoka Toyota: We do not often have the opportunity to watch DJs grow.

TK: No, I am really happy.

Honoka Toyota: At that time, he actually taught me the appeal of coffee. As a plan. As I grew up, when I was around 20 and 21, I started yearning for adulthood. Mr. TK loves coffee, so he taught me how to drink it, and now I can drink it. I could not drink at that time. I could not drink it at that time. He was talking about the appeal of coffee to people who did not drink it. But from there, I became more and more interested in coffee. So now I have a dripper at home. It is already that far in. I even have a coffee grinder.

TK: I started liking coffee. But, when I was still in college, I could not drink regular coffee at all, and I could only drink canned coffee and sweet coffee, so I think Toyota was probably quicker than me to introduce a dripper LoL. I think I was really a late bloomer. Although people say that coffee is an acquired taste, it is amazing. Something like this.

Honoka Toyota: I was a little moved by the fact that I was now able to drink coffee as well. And Mr. TK published his first newly written essay, Yureru, in June of this year. There is also a book in the studio, but there is a lot about TK that has not been talked about until now, such as TK's life from childhood to now, and the musical philosophy that lies at the core of TK. This is a book where you can get a feel for his personality, but it has been a while since it was released.

TK: Is the feeling of writing with your hands the same as music? I agree. I think the text may be a little easier to understand than the music. It looks really visually solid, so I'm sure it is true. I agree.

Honoka Toyota: We have heard a lot of things in interviews so far, but there are some things that we would not normally ask about. That is why I sometimes did not listen because I thought it would be okay if I did not have to ask him to re-phrase the parts that I thought were made into music.

TK: We were also talking about tie-ups and how they are made.

Honoka Toyota: I was very happy to get to know him again, and above all, I thought that his emotions really came through.

TK: That feeling of anxiety when heading to England is too much. I was so anxious, so anxious.

Honoka Toyota: Suddenly sent.

TK: I did not think I would be rejected, so I think that is how I felt because my parents told me so.

Honoka Toyota: That is a sentence that comes across really well, and I think the way he uses parentheses is typical of TK. After entering, I get a little confirmation that everything is going well.

TK: It is hard to read the feeling, is it not? It is not difficult to read?

Honoka Toyota: Do you not go back and forth? It is amazing how much he looks like normal TK. I can really hear TK's voice as I read this.

TK: Thank you very much. I am glad that you feel that way. Actually.

Honoka Toyota: How was it when it was completed?

TK: Or? No, I overturned the kitchen table once, and as I wrote at the beginning, I actually started with the things that I was asked to write from the interview as the starting point. When I glanced at it, I realized that what they were saying was the same thing, but at a certain point I started to feel like these were not my own words. Well then. It probably took more than a year and a half in total, starting from rewriting everything once, so just knowing that we could actually do it was satisfying. I had not originally planned to write it, but I had tried to write something like this once in the past, so I did it on my own initiative. I thought about writing it down, but if I did it spontaneously, it would end up being just me, so unless I had a really strong desire to convey this sentence, I would not be able to continue writing it permanently like this. I felt like I could not move forward, or rather, I could not maintain my motivation. In the end, I wonder who is going to look at my writing and think it is interesting. I feel like the things that come out of me are taken for granted, so I am still not sure what I am writing.

Honoka Toyota: Photobooks and things like that.

TK: It is good to have something like a photo diary because it makes me think, "I saw something like this the other day,'' and I want to take a look at it. It is not my autobiography, but I wonder if anyone would want to know about my upbringing. Somehow that stagnation got the better of me and I was halfway through.

Honoka Toyota: That is right, it stopped.

TK: A few years later.  "Mr. TK, would you like to write a book?" So, when I was approached, my manager was like, "No, he will not write it,'' and I was like, "No, I will just wait a little bit.''

Honoka Toyota: Well, it is also because you are busy.

TK: The manager was about to take me back once, but I wanted to ask him why he had just called out to me, so I started listening to him, and it is been a year and a half since then.

Honoka Toyota: The entire story was written based on that interview, but the story is about how that person sees you, and what you write based on that.

TK: As for the parts that diverge, as I said earlier, there are incidents in what I am saying.

Honoka Toyota: There is no genre at all, so I am making it this way. I have already done it that way.

TK: It is just that it is made this way, and inside me, other people make it this way, but I make it this way. I do not have that feeling. It is just a matter of how I create something, and it is such a normal, everyday thing that I can tell people that this is how I create it. So, I told the interviewer everything about my upbringing, how I started playing music, and how I met the band members, and from there, I had him create a rough draft of everything.

Honoka Toyota: That is amazing.

TK: It is a hint to me. This is where the professional interviewer would get confused from a writer's point of view, and I asked him to write down some normal things like this in bullet points, which in itself was quite interesting for me. 

Honoka Toyota: What you would do normally. That is how you were able to find a hook.

TK: Yes, myself.

If that were the case, there were a lot of things that I probably would not write about here anymore, so I thought I would write about it first, even if you just picked up on things like, "No, I do not normally think this way." I was very grateful for the text I received, yes.

Honoka Toyota: As a fan, I think this book has a lot of things that musicians wanted to know as well.

TK: It is one thing to come here and talk about music, but it is also very difficult to convey music in words. I agree. I have always listened to radio, but when it comes to radio, how did it come about? That is the story.

Honoka Toyota: Is it not? I am sure it will happen, right?

TK: After this. Well, I would like to ask you about it later, but I cannot help but talk about the excitement I felt while making it, and the kind of emotions I put into the work. There is a bit of distance between me and that. All of that is contained within the song, so I do not want to taint it with my current words. After all, the words that suddenly come out reflexively, when I think back on them later, I wonder if I really meant that. That is when I wrote it. I am tormented by guilt. After appearing on the radio.

Honoka Toyota: When I think about it again.

TK: Even in normal interviews, there are quite a few times where I think things could have been different. That is why I do not like radio.

Honoka Toyota: It is like we are asking people to come.

TK: That is why it is amazing to talk.

I really like talking to people, and explaining music in words.

Honoka Toyota: I cannot do it anymore.

TK: That is exactly what happens in books over and over again.

Honoka Toyota: That is an elaboration.

TK: I feel like I wrote it down there so there would be no misunderstandings because I can make it while doing it.

Honoka Toyota: I really feel that. Also, like you just said, do not listen to it thinking it is just stuffed into the music.

Because there is. In fact, there were a lot of things that said the core part was like that, so I think there are a lot of people who have already gotten it, but I am excited to read the essay again.

If you have not read it yet, I highly recommend you do so. yes. And let us talk about music for a moment.

TK: It starts with, right? Yes, I am happy to do so.

Honoka Toyota: Ling tosite sigure will release the digital single Kodoku no Saibou on November 8th. This is Ling tosite sigure's first new song in seven months, and it was written as the opening theme for the NETFLIX series. Last week, this program aired for the first time nationwide.

TK: I heard the rumors.

Honoka Toyota: Thank you very much. Thank you for giving me such a valuable opportunity.

TK: And there was? There were so many.

Honoka Toyota: First of all, is it not too early to announce that this is how it is pronounced?

TK: How many days ago was it released? That is what I mean.

Honoka Toyota: That is certainly true.

TK: Just a little bit, I was moved, or rather excited, that so many people were actually listening to it in real-time, even though it was midnight.

Honoka Toyota: It is a little harsh on the time of day.

TK: Well, it has been on the air quite often, so I am sure some of you are already familiar with it.

Honoka Toyota: I think we have a system in place.

TK: But I heard the excitement of many people on SNS and through messages, and many people responded. I am happy. The theme song this time will be distributed exclusively on NETFLIX. It is based on the famous novel by Baku Yumemakura, which has been adapted into media many times, including manga and live-action stage plays. There is, but it will be made into an anime.

Honoka Toyota: This is your first time. That is right.

TK: I thought it was unexpected and was a little surprised. And on NETFLIX. That is right. A conference mystery that depicts the protagonists Abe Seimei and Minamoto no Hiromasa, who lived in the Heian period, as they confront humans who have become demons.

Honoka Toyota: It is now. Mr. TK has always used the sound surname in one form or another.

TK: Have you ever touched it? I do not think so.

Honoka Toyota: It was on second thoughts.

TK: I have the impression that a story set in such a historical setting is a bit difficult. 

Honoka Toyota: Inside.

TK: The only difference is Chomsky, but that is the image I get.

Honoka Toyota: Apparently so.

TK: Yes. So there is also that movie.

I did, but I had never seen anything like that. First of all, since this is an original, there was no video, so I thought I would try to touch on some of the sounds and last names that have appeared in the past, but I thought it would be a little weird to be drawn to that image. I felt like I was able to expand the image a little with just the storyboards and the voices of the voice actors. That ia where this time comes from. It was also in Yureru, but it is a tie-up song.

When I was writing the new story, I wrote a story that I wanted to incorporate into the first impression and the depth that comes out when I deeply understand it for.

Honoka Toyota: What part remained at the beginning? It gave me a more gray impression. The work itself is like this. Inside, inside.

TK: Is it made up only of things that are hidden?

Honoka Toyota: I thought it was a little comical.

TK: It seems like a cute moment.

Honoka Toyota: That is pretty clearly depicted. I originally have it.

TK: More than a formal feeling.

Honoka Toyota: I think they made it a little more vivid and catchy. There is something like that in the tone of his voice, too.

TK: I also wanted to express a bewitching feeling in the song.

I was there, but at the same time, there was music that stuck in my ear. Well, it might not be as interesting as Pop music.

I wanted to coexist with something catchy that could express something unique to Ling tosite sigure. That sense of balance.

I made it with quite a variety of configurations. The 90 seconds was completed relatively quickly, but when I went from there to the full version, I wondered how I could give it a different kind of enjoyment. So now, the full size is coming out first, but it's completely different from that 90 seconds, so let us start from here.

Honoka Toyota: It is going to be different again.

TK: However, it was different, or rather, 90 seconds gave me another impression. Well, no impression at all.

Honoka Toyota: No, it is a recording.

TK: The mixes are also completely different, so I would be happy if people could enjoy those aspects as well.

Honoka Toyota: There is just one month left until the anime is released, but even after listening to it now, I wish that day would come soon. I really cannot wait.

Especially since I think it will be distributed all over the world at the same time, I am looking forward to seeing how Ling tosite sigure's music will sound at that time, yes. This is really how the melody develops.

TK: I guess you could say that I was misled, because the way things were going to turn out was completely different from what I thought would happen. It was really fun, but it is just me.

I feel like I am fighting against something that doesn't exist, but this is really the one song.

Honoka Toyota: It is also catchy enough to make the song go by quickly. So, once I finished listening to it, I really felt like I wanted to start playing it again from the beginning. What kind of things did you keep in mind when creating this melody?

TK: Hmm. I wanted to somehow capture the purple-colored, or rather mysterious, misty scenery in the song, while still retaining that bewitching feeling. It is not just me after all.

Honoka Toyota: I do not get that feeling.

TK: Well, I think that part of the song was created using Kyoto's unique singing style. I think that kind of lustrousness can only be achieved by Ling tosite sigure, so I was very conscious of that.

Honoka Toyota: You could call it a whirling feeling, and there were so many different expressions and it was so easy to understand. That is right.

TK: I also have a lot of gray and purple ones.

It is written in the book, but it was in England where I first entered. It is cloudy from here.

Image is mostly about myself.

I felt that it was a very fundamental part of the music, so the work itself has an image of the moon that comes out at night, and it looks like it is foggy. When I put together all sorts of things, such as the image of something missing, or the sound of a flute, a bit of a bewitching aspect came out of the song, but it was not just that, it was a kind of madness possessed by demons. I thought it would be great if I could express the catchiness of the song well. I wonder if it was. Me when I made it.

Honoka Toyota: Let me ask you what it was like back then. Can I ask you again? I think there are quite a few catchy lyrics in the song. This time, the title is "Cell of Solitude" (Kodoku no Saibou), so the kanji "kitsune" is used for "light of solitude", and the cells are not cells of the body, but cells of talent and popularity. Those words used can be found in the lyrics as well.

*Note: Kodoku no Saibou has another meaning which is the Talent of the Fox. The fox with red eyes like in the music video for the song and cover art for the song. It has many hidden meanings to be honest*

There was also the comfort of hearing it. That is the title. I remember. What do you think about when you caught a fish? I wanted TK back then to get pinched by a fox.

TK: That is how I feel.

That is really good if you ask me. But is it not a different feeling? That is how it is said. I was told by the manager, of the engineer who was mixing it, that I think it is okay, but there is a part where it is like it is wrapped in foxes, but is it not a mistake to be pinched? It seems like everyone is feeling pinched like that, yes. That is what it means. I want you to be surrounded by that feeling. Everyone this time too.

Honoka Toyota: It is called being wrapped.

TK: Please tell me how you feel. It really depends on how you take it.

Honoka Toyota: I mean, it is possible. TK's comment on one song says that all the emotions in this world are created by themselves.

TK: What is it? When I saw this, I wondered if I might feel that way based on the sound and surname.

Honoka Toyota: I was surprised when I read the comments.

Before I watched the anime, when I thought about this...

TK: It is true that most of the emotions we feel arise from stimuli we receive from outside of ourselves, so I totally agree with that. It was written in the synopsis that there are parts of the work where people are turned into demons by their emotions that they can no longer control, so I wonder if that kind of part will overlap as you start watching the anime. For now, it is still in the realm of imagination, but as the story progresses, how will they overlap?

I am really looking forward to that. I agree. However, the main theme of the story is always like this as the story unfolds, so I am pretty much like that myself. Rather than saying that something is beautiful, ugly, or painful, it is that.

Honoka Toyota: What do you mean by that?

TK: When it comes to looking at things that way, it is something I felt a lot in my daily life and even when I was dealing with music. Of course, I think there are some parts that are different from what is depicted in the book, but I wrote the lyrics with that in mind.

I am sure there are many moments in my daily life when I feel this way, so I am sure some of the listeners have noticed this as well.

That is what I thought. So I have been talking a lot about loneliness.

Honoka Toyota: Regarding Kodoku no Saibou (Cell of Isolation), the song will be released on November 8th, and the anime will be released on November 28th, so please look forward to both. Please wait. Yes. As for Ling tosite sigure's future plans, there will be a one-man live performance at the Tokyo Garden Theater on Friday, December 8th. Yes, there is. Kansai will be performing at FM 802's ROCK year-end party FM and Radio CRAZY, which will be held at Intex Osaka for three days from Wednesday, December 27th to Friday, December 29th.

TK: Yes, it has been a while since I have appeared. Appeared for the first time in 2014.

Honoka Toyota: What you get is. And this year it is the second day.

TK: We will be appearing on Thursday, December 28th, and this year, 2014, is around the time of my DJ debut. In fact, this is the story of my debut, which is often talked about today. Do I have any impressions from the stage of time? Even though I say that, I think it was early, like 9 years ago. Our performance time was early, and our voices were very high-pitched, and we were shouting in very harsh conditions early on, so I think that left an impression on us, and we were able to perform even more on the edge of our seats.

Honoka Toyota: I do not know yet when they will appear this year, but I am curious. I am curious about this. I just heard this, so I thought it must have been early in the morning.

TK: It is okay. We are always.

It is coming out at full power. When you perform at a festival.

Honoka Toyota: What do you mean by setlist?

TK: Are you grouped in the wind? It does not come out very often, and I think the people who are doing it a lot might not like it if they play together too often at different festivals, but I think it is a song that I think people should listen to if it is their first time. It happens sometimes, so I do not feel like I am too worried about it. Nakano after all.

Honoka Toyota: Kunga festival is fine.

TK: I like Nakano, I go to see him, he performs as a DJ, so I am acting like a random guy like Nakano.

Honoka Toyota: While asking Mr. Nakano.

TK: While listening to it, we played the rest and confirmed the connection of the performance by ourselves. I am sure some of you are seeing it for the first time.

Honoka Toyota: I wonder if you will be there.

TK: I think it is definitely cool, so I would like people to know about it. I want you to be surprised. Please definitely come and visit us.

Honoka Toyota: I would like to have it, yes. Now, please introduce the song. "It is a farewell to you by delivering the digital single released on November 8th." Kodoku no Saibou (Cell of Isolation) in Ling tosite sigure style. This time, we welcomed Mr. TK of Ling tosite sigure dignifiedly. Thank you very much.

TK: Thank you very much.

It was TK.

Note: The translation was audio to text transcribed with digital software. There may be inaccuracies due to a lack of precision. This translation was merely posted for people to get the gist of the radio interview and not be completely lost.

November 4, 2023 3:20 AM
Important topic
Twitter Whatsapp